Instructions: Canvas Course Copy
Copying a Canvas
course from one to another is quite easy. The two most common
instances where you would use course copy are:
Rememeber that the copy does not replace what you have in a course. It adds to it.
- You want to copy selective items from one course to
another. It could be a single item or multiple items. Just
be careful when doing this.
- You have an empty course shell, and it is time to copy your course from a previous term into the current course.
You can go into Settings and Reset the course which removes all content.
Never do this on a live running course. Always understand what you are doing here, and what you are copying.
That is really it.
- Log into the course that you want "stuff" copied into
- Click on Settings (bottom left)
- Click on Import Content into this Course (right of screen)
- Select Copy a Canvas Course from the menu: watch the second part of this short video: http://vimeo.com/71137539
- Select the course you want to copy from
- Copy everything, or select what you want to copy.
- wait (see the status indocators)
- you are done.