Canvas Templates / Samples
This Page provides and / or illustrates some
Sample Canvas Templaes / Courses that you can use for getting your
courses ready. Though there may be some things that you will not
use for your specific course, what is provided illustrates what can be
done. You can always remove the components you do not wish to use.
It is certainly not crucial for the to be consistency across
courses. You will develop your own style. However,
consistency within a course is important to better the overall user
(and instructor) experience.
Here are some links for you to review:
Undergrad Course Tenolate for Spring 2014
It is recommended that you start clean in Canvas. The task can be
laborious taking files from Angel and uploading to Canvas, but, for
sure, you will leave all of the "junk" behind. In addition, as you become more familiar with Canvas, you can add some of the cool features that are available.
Steps to Add an Undergrad Template to your course:
1. Download the template: Click Here (This is the Spring 2014 Undergrad Template - it is a .imcc file which is a Canvas Export File)
2. Until you get familair with the
components of Canvas and importing content, for this step, you will
want to start with a clean shell as I am unaware what progress has been
made on each course. You do not want to "double-up" on stuff at
this point. So let's assume you are starting clean. Just to
make sure, Log into your specific course. Select Settings in the lower left of the screen. Then select "Reset Course Content" on the right of the screen.
This will clean out all course data in the course so you can start
clean. NOTE: be careful using this option at all times and
understand what it does. If you click this in a middle of the
term, take a vacation.
3. Using the .imcc file you downloaded in step 1 above, it is time for you to import the template.
4. Follow the instructions here at PART II
5. Your template is imported, and you are ready to move forward.
6. You can download this Cheat shet for instructors HERE
7. Of course, the Canvas Guides are a valuable resource. The Instructor Guides are probably the most useful.
8. A wealth of short videos can also be viewed HERE